BROCKTON, Mass. ---- The National Alliance of Two-Year College Athletic Administrators (NATYCAA) recently announced Massasoit's Alex Santos and Charlie Swann were named 2019 NATYCAA Scholar-Athlete Award Honorable Mention selections.
Santos was as standout all-around two-year starter on the women's soccer team for the Warriors. During her time on the soccer pitch, twice being named an All-Region 21 First Team selection, totaling 22 goals and 13 assists (57 points) in 28 career games, seeing time at forward, midfield and defense.
In the classroom, she has maintained a 3.73 GPA and was a two-time Massasoit President's Award winner for her excellence in her studies and leadership qualities.
Swann was a starting forward for the Warriors' men's soccer program over the last two seasons. The Englishman earned the Massasoit President's Award and tallied a 3.53 GPA during his time in Brockton.
As a starting forward, Swann netted 33 goals and added nine assists (75 points) in 30 career games. During his sophomore campaign he finished with a team-high 19 goals on the way to earning All-Region 21 First Team accolades.
To be eligible for the award, student-athletes must meet the following criteria:
- At least a 3.6 GPA on a 4.0 scale with a minimum of 36 semester hours or 45 quarter hours accumulated with a minimum of 24 semester hours/36 quarter hours at your institution.
- Outstanding qualities of leadership and citizenship.
- Outstanding athletics success at his/her college. Documentation with appropriate statistics and/or athletics accomplishments is required.
- A minimum of honorable mention all-conference or all-region recognition required. Spring sport athletes may be considered for nomination the following year.
- Participation in a minimum of one complete season of varsity competition at his/her college.